August 30, 2016
Parent-Teacher Conferences for the 7th-12th grades will take place on Thursday, September 22nd and Friday, September 23rd, 2016. All conferences for 6th grade parents will be arranged through the Middle School office; all 7th-12th grade parents will need to complete the online form. Please be advised that even though we have set aside two days for appointments, it may be difficult to schedule an appointment with every teacher due to the limited number of time slots. If you are unable to meet with all of your teachers, please feel free to contact teachers to set up an appointment at a later date. School will not be in session on either conference day. Following is the specific information:
- Conferences will take place on Thursday, September 22nd from 11:00am to 7:00pm with a lunch break for faculty from 2:30pm-3:30pm. On Friday, September 23rd, conferences will be scheduled from 9:00am to 5:00pm with a lunch break for faculty from 12:00pm -1:00pm.
- Parents are responsible for signing up for their appointments. You may submit your Parent-Teacher Conference Request Form in one of the following ways:
- Email (preferred)
- Fax (572-7196), or
- Drop off the completed form by TUESDAY, September 6th.
- PLEASE BE SURE YOU RECEIVE EMAIL CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE REQUEST FORM HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE SCHOOL. UNCONFIRMED REQUESTS HAVE MOST LIKELY NOT BEEN REGISTERED.
- Please provide complete information (names of the teachers with whom you wish to meet, date/time preferences, contact information).
- Signing up for appointments will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Incomplete information (such as omitting the teacher’s name) will delay processing. After September 12th please contact Lynn Matayoshi at 572-7235 to check on availability.
I hope that this scheduling meets your needs and provides you with the opportunity to meet with your child’s teachers. I look forward to seeing you at the Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Sarah M. Bakhiet
Head of School
The process to complete and submit your Parent/Teacher Conference Request Form is as follows:
- Download the Parent/Teacher Conference Request Form to your computer.
- This is an Adobe Acrobat fillable PDF form.
- Download the form to your Desktop or folder of your choosing (choose Save, Save As, or Download, not View). Open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Adobe Acrobat Pro). If you don't have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it free here. Do not install optional McAfee Security Scan unless you are sure you need it.
- Chrome users: Although you may view PDF files directly in Chrome, it does not have the ability to save the information you've entered into the form. Therefore, save the PDF file and complete the form in Acrobat Reader, not in the Chrome browser.
- Mac users: We recommend using Adobe Acrobat Reader and not Preview to fill out the form. Preview (or completing the form in the browser window) may not allow you to save your changes. If in doubt, do a test by filling out the first field and saving before filling out the entire form.
- After completing the form, use Save As to rename it with your student’s name, such as johndoe.pdf.
- Close and reopen your saved form to confirm it is filled out and saved properly. If the file opens without the information you entered, please reread and follow the suggestions above.
- You may also print, complete, and scan your completed form.
- Attach the saved form to an email message and send it to Lynn Matayoshi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt email from Lynn as well as a printed copy of your form with your assigned conferences in the mail the week prior to Parent/Teacher Conferences.
In a school-wide effort to be more sustainable and to eliminate waste, reservations for parent conferences are processed electronically. You will not receive a paper form.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Matayoshi at 572-7235 or email@example.com.