For School Year: 2018-2019
Application and Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee of $75 is required with each signed application form. Please make checks payable to Seabury Hall.
The following items must be completed and/or received by the Admissions Office by February 9, 2018 in order to be considered in the first round of acceptances:
1. Signed application form with $75 non-refundable fee
2. A recent photograph of the Applicant
3. Applicant questionnaire
5. Admissions test result
6. Report cards/progress reports
7. Standardized test reports
8. Teacher reference forms (English & Math)
The Admissions Committee will only review completed files. Notification of the Admissions Committee's decision will be mailed on April 2, 2018.
Grade apply: 6th through 12th
- Only those who have submitted an application will be tested. Students will be tested in writing, reading comprehension and math.
- Maui applicants are required to take the Seabury Hall Admissions Test. At the top of the application form please indicate your preferred test date. Tests will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- Off-island applicants are required to take the SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test, www.ssat.org), or ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam, www.erblearn.org).
- PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) may be accepted for Upper School Applicants.
Students will receive an acknowledgement letter along with the Applicant Questionnaire upon receipt of their completed application. Once the completed Applicant Questionnaire is received, the Admissions Office will schedule an interview appointment.
All applicants are required to sit for an interview. The Admissions staff will contact you to schedule the interview. This often takes place after school. Interviews for off-island applicants may be conducted via telephone if an on-site interview is not possible.
Report Cards / Progress Reports / Standardized Test Reports
Teacher Reference Forms
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to submit clear copies of the last 2 years' final report cards/progress reports and the first semester or trimester report card for the current year along with any Standardized Test Score Reports.
- Please complete the Consent for Release of Information form and submit it to the current school's registrar.
- Applicants entering 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th grade must submit copies of their report cards as they become available through the year.
- Applicants entering 10th, 11th, 12th grade must submit a copy of their transcript from high school.
Optional School Visit Campus Tour
- Please submit the Teacher Reference Reports to the applicant's current Math and English teachers along with an addressed, stamped envelope after the first semester.
- Teacher Reference Reports should be directly mailed to Seabury Hall by the teachers after the first semester.
- Additional recommendations from other teachers, coaches, or individuals who can give a fair assessment of the applicant's character are welcomed but not required. Duplication of the Reference Report form is permitted
Seabury Hall offers an optional half day visit in January and February. Visits are available on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays on a first-come, first-served basis. Visiting students are hosted by Seabury Hall students and should be on campus no later than 7:30am on the day of the visit. All visiting students are invited to join their host for lunch and will be excused by 12:15pm. One week advanced notice is required to set up a half day visit.
If you are requesting financial aid please indicate your interest in the space available on the Application for Admission form. A financial aid packet will then be mailed to you. Please refer to the Seabury Hall Financial Aid Brochure for policy information and observe all deadlines. You may also apply for financial aid online by logging on to: http://sss.nais.org